Pharmalinx is pleased to announce that we have a Rheumatologist on staff.
Dr. Newton Wong is a native of the Scarborough area and completed medical school at the University Nottingham, England. He completed Internal Medicine residency at McMaster University and Rheumatology Fellowship at Queen’s University. He is on staff at The Scarborough Hospital and provide inpatient coverage for internal medicine and rheumatology. He is a Lecturer in the Division of Rheumatology, University of Toronto and will be having resident physicians join him in clinic.
Areas of focus:
- Rapid Access Injection Clinic
- Gout and Pseudogout Clinic
- Osteoporosis Clinic
- Inflammatory arthritis e.g. rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis
- Connective tissue disease e.g. Lupus, Sjogren’s, Scleroderma, Raynaud’s
- Inflammatory myopathies e.g. Dermatomyositis, Polymyositis
- Vasculitis e.g. Temporal arteritis/PMR, PAN, GPA, eGPA, MPA, Behcet’s
- Autoinflammatory syndromes e.g. Familial Mediterranean Fever (FMF)
- Regional rheumatic disorders e.g. tendonitis, bursitis
- Fibromyalgia (rule out autoimmune conditions and suggestions for treatment)
- Osteoarthritis (difficult or unusual cases or second opinion or injection)
- Undifferentiated cases to rule out rheumatic illnesses
Languages Spoken: English and Cantonese. Mandarin (conversational).