Dr. Newton Wong is a native of the Scarborough area and completed medical school at the University of Nottingham, England. He completed Internal Medicine residency at McMaster University and Rheumatology Fellowship at Queen’s University. He is on staff at the Scarborough Health Network - General Campus and provides inpatient coverage for rheumatology. He is a Lecturer in the Division of Rheumatology, University of Toronto and routinely has resident physicians join him in clinic.
Areas of focus:
- Rapid Access Injection Clinic
- Gout and Pseudogout Clinic
- Osteoporosis Clinic
- Inflammatory arthritis e.g. rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis
- Connective tissue disease e.g. Lupus, Sjogren’s, Scleroderma, Raynaud’s
- Inflammatory myopathies e.g. Dermatomyositis, Polymyositis
- Vasculitis e.g. Temporal arteritis/PMR, PAN, GPA, eGPA, MPA, Behcet’s
- Autoinflammatory syndromes e.g. Familial Mediterranean Fever (FMF)
- Regional rheumatic disorders e.g. tendonitis, bursitis
- Osteoarthritis (for injections)
- Undifferentiated cases to rule out rheumatic illnesses
Languages Spoken: English and Cantonese. Mandarin (conversational).